Sunday, September 20, 2009
Moving Mountains Again!
We are leaving again in 36 hours to travel to Odessa, Ukraine to get our son. Our waiting period ends on Tuesday and he is officially officially our son! I say God can move mountains because that is a prayer I have said to myself OVER and OVER during this journey (Mark 11). And He has! As I write this, it has been 5 months and 5 days since we commited to adopting Max -- in international adoption terms, this is a very short time! Most international adoptions take at least a year or YEARS for some families I have met -- God has moved mountains and things have fallen into place making our journey to Max move pretty fast. The lastest "mountain" came this week when we were able to get our daughter's passport in only 5 days. We had planned to take Noah but he was sick while we were gone and has already missed a few days of school. We did not want him to miss any more school so we took Hannah last Monday for her passport. The lady at the office said "no way it will be back by the time you travel". She said "2 to 3 weeks" and she said the ONLY way to get it sooner was to go to the regional office in Houston to expedite it. We couldn't do that so we submitted the application any way and sent it off with a prayer -- "Lord, if it is Your will, you can move mountains and get it back on time." Five days later, it was sitting in our mailbox -- what else can I say! Hannah and I will go get Max and bring him home! In 2 short weeks, we will finally all be together as a family! And I can only say, "Thank you Lord for moving mountains!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteI'm so thrilled for you all and just so excited as I read through all this and watch the videos. Max is so blessed to have you all and you will be blessed by him. God is good to have orchestrated your family together from across the other side of the world. It will be so neat to see how God plays all this out. Will be praying for you during the next few weeks. Christy Anderson
That is unbelievable!! I cried reading your post above about Max. What a sweet little boy! Hurry him home!!! (Oh, I'm so glad Christy is on your blog!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a super-cool God we have!! How awesome!! Praying for you and am sooo excited to meet/see Mr. Max SOON!! :)
ReplyDelete