Saturday, September 5, 2009

More on Max

We've posted a lot of video and I think you can see Max's personality! He is a ham -- very happy (most of the time)... he laughs a lot which says alot given the circumstances that he has been brought up in ... his orphanage is a good orphanage but still he has never had a momma or pappa to hug him or tuck him in at night, to comfort him when he gets hurt or to play with him ... If he can thrive in the orphanage, then he can really thrive in a healthy family who loves him! He is an overcomer -- the fact that his right hand doesn't work normally does not hinder him at all as you can see... he has a lot of heart and we love the fact that his favorite playtime is taking care of the stuffed animals and the doll -- modeling healthy relationships with them -- rocking them, feeding them, hugging them and strolling them ... he also is very stubborn when he wants to do something and we won't let him .. but isn't that normal just turned 4 year old behavior! The language barrier is a big challenge but you can see by the video that he is already picking up a few of our words "Go Max Go". He is very smart and I think that once he is around the kids, he will pick up English very quickly! Kids, get ready to teach your little brother!

5 comments:

  1. I love both the video and all the details (you know I eat those up). I mostly love that y'all are finally there with him, papers in hand. Praying that you all get to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see another update. I've been checking! He's such a sweet and happy boy. You will be amazed at how quickly he will learn English! Praying for you!

    Blessings,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in tears! I can't wait to see videos and pictures of him with his brother and sisters! Praying for a fast court date and that you can complete this leg of the journey fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His laugh is just too infectuious ,,, Give him a kiss and a hug from his Nana...
    and HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANIE - WHAT A PRESENT - TO YOU AND TO ME.
    I love you all! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, that LAUGH! He is so precious

    ReplyDelete