Friday, July 10, 2009

On the other side of the world

I love watching my kids play in the pool together! They love to swim and tonight as I watched them I just couldn't stop thinking about how Max was all the way on the other side of the world... He doesn't know that we are coming for him. He doesn't know how much we love him. He doesn't know that we are planning his room and that he is part of almost every conversation we have. The kids say ... "I bet Max would like this" or "I can't wait till we can take Max to do that." He is part of our life already... He has been since he was born even though we didn't know where he was. He doesn't know that he is CHOSEN! That was part of my devotional yesterday and I keep going back to it. It says:
"Chosenness is one of the very best gifts that love bestows on the beloved. It means someone has seen me as a unique person, that someone desires to come closer to me, to be on my side. It means someone believes I have a significant contribution to make."
We have chosen Max to be our son just as God has chosen each one of us. He says to us, "Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine... You are precious and honored in my sight...I love you." Isaiah 43:1,4
Max we love you! We can't wait until we bring you home!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I love how those of us in the adoption world get a real-life example of how WE have been adopted into God's family and how much it REALLY means!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really touched me, your words, and how God spoke to you in such a specific way during your devotional. I never had thought of myself as being adopted in to His family when I first became a believer...how awesome it is to know that He has summoned us by name, and how much He loves us. And now each of us has summoned someone by name and they don't even know how much we love them already.

    ReplyDelete