Thursday, August 27, 2009

We got Max's referral!














Now we are officially setup to meet Max and adopt him! We met with the SDA today and got his referral -- the woman was very nice and Serge is great! We will leave tonight by train to go to Odesa where Max lives so WE SHOULD MEET HIM tomorrow! We are very excited!
Kiev is lovely -- lots of really beautiful buildings and the people have been friendly -- it's a very colorful city! The language barrier is daunting but luckily we are being taken care of by a team of great people who have helped us...

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you!

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you swift and safe return with this precious child. He has no idea what a wonderful family he will join. Enjoy the journey........... Love to all three of you and safe travels, Aunt Dede.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pictures! Be sure to always take more than you think you should. I regret not taking more pics when we were in China. Can't wait to see pics of you with Max!!

    I'm praying for you!

    Blessings!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great!! I'm glad everything is going smooth! Praying for a speedy court date and for your meeting with Max to go well. My whole family is on cloud nine that Max is about to meet his Mommy and Daddy!!! I'm sorry I didn't get the stuff to you guys before you left. Praying you have a wonderful time in beautiful Odesa!! As far as restaurants go...you can't go wrong in the downtown area. There's tons of places to eat and lots to see there!! I am wondering if you are in the same apartment Amy and I stayed in...with the glow-in-the-dark stars in the bedroom....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So encouraging to hear that things went well at the SDA and that the Ukraine team is great! God is right there with you.
    Love, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray!! I can't believe you guys are over here at the same time we are. Congrats on getting Max's referral!! And yes, Serge is great and so is the great team they have here.
    Martha (adopting Laurel)

    ReplyDelete