I heard a song today on the radio called "Only One Life to Love" by 33 Miles and the chorus really spoke to my heart:
"You only get just one time around, you only get one shot at this,
One chance to find out the one thing that you don't want to miss
One day when it's all said and done, I hope you see that it was enough
One ride, one try, only one life to love...."
This journey to Max is one thing that I don't want to miss... I have been praying about this for years... I have wanted to adopt a child for as long as I can remember... to have biological children (and God has blessed me with 3 beautiful and wonderful children) but to also have one by adoption! I can't explain it except to say that He put the desire in my heart long ago and I have been waiting! I can look back in my journal 13 years ago...10 years ago... and since then and see prayers for this child! I can't explain how excited I am that this is finally going to happen! And I am so thankful that I have the most wonderful husband in the world that has the same heart to take the journey together! And my wonderful kids are excited to share their world with a brother who they haven't met yet but they love with all their hearts! All I can say is "Thank you Lord -- You are so faithful!"
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














Thats good stuff. :) Praying you have an amazing trip, that it goes smoothly, and you enjoy EVERY step of the way!
ReplyDeleteI want to adopt so badly but I am only 21!! I keep trying to convince my parents to adopt but they aren't within the age range for most countries. Plus they think 4 kids is enough :-(
ReplyDeleteI can't wait till it's my turn!
To see how this is all coming together...and how fast! I'm sure you can hardly sleep!
ReplyDeleteI pray everything goes well for school starting tomorrow.
Love, Michele
It's so much fun to watch you get ready to bring home Max! And to see how much you all love him already!! Praying for you all!!
ReplyDelete