I don't really know where to start with this blog... I have had so many friends ask me questions about Max and about how we came to the decision to add him to our family. It began many many years ago even before Noah was born (and he just turned 13! My how time flies!) ... I started praying about God's plan for our family... I always wanted kids ... but not only those I had given birth to ... I wanted to add to our family through adoption! Greg had always agreed with this plan and we have been praying about it for years ... just when??... and who??... there are so many children in the world that need loving homes... where do you start???
My son, Noah, informed me last fall that if we were going to adopt a child, it better be soon... "I'll be off to college, Mom, by the time you do it!" he said. We have discussed it with our kids for a long time..." should we adopt a boy or a girl?" they would say. And I would tell them that we don't have a choice ... If God wants us to adopt a child, He already has one picked out! But how do we find that child??
So I was sitting on the beach one day, reading my e-mail on my iPhone (its hard to get away sometimes) and my friend Ginger sent me Max's picture. The moment I saw him, there was no question in my mind... That is the child!!! I forwarded it to my husband, "What about Max?"
Then my friend Maria sent me the same picture the next day! They knew that it had been on my heart for a very long time... In fact, I had just told my friend Ann the week before of my dilemma... I told her that God needed to either take the desire to adopt away from me (it was all I could think about) or He needed to make the path clear for us and make it happen! So He answered my prayer and there was Max!
I have prayed for this child for many years and we are so excited as a family... Greg and I and our kids! My youngest daugher, Sarah (7 years old), wrote in her journal that it was the "happiest day of her life" when we told her! My daughter Hannah (10 years old) jumped (and screamed) for joy! My kids even threw a bake sale to raise money for Max's adoption fund --- and they made $47! My son mowed the lawn today and donated the money for Max... You see, they want to be part of the process... They want to know that they contributed to bringing him home! I am so proud of them... Max doesn't know how much he is loved ALREADY!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














I'm soooo excited for you Stephanie!! You will be amazed at what the Lord has in store for you and your family! YIPPEE!!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful story, you are blessed with a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteIll be close to your blog reading as you go into this beautiful journey
blessings from Mexico
Howard and I are so proud of you and your family. We are excited to have a new grand-nephew!! It is obvious that God has a great plan for you, your family and for Max. He is a lucky little boy. We can't wait to meet him. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Aunt Dede
Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy that Max has found a family!
He is a doll. Praying for you in your journey.
I like where you said that you wanted God to take the desire to adopt away or make the path clear for you. That is the same way I feel. I glad your path to Max has been made clear!! He is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of my daughter and her family!
ReplyDeleteThis child will not find a better home...and, as the grandmother, I am excited too! I can't wait to get Max home!
What a wonderful start for your blog. I just loved hearing how God has directed you and how your whole family is in on bringing Max home. Teary-eyed Joy
ReplyDeleteI am SO SO SO excited for you AND Max. As a family we have been praying for Max and when we heard that his forever family found him we screamed right along with your daughter (laughing)! We are adopting Tori from the other angels page- Maybe we'll travel together:)
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited that you are inviting Max to be part of your family! He is so blessed to have sisters and a brother who are rallying around him! We are praying for you guys all the time! How wonderful that God placed it on both Ginger and Maria's hearts to foward you his picture!! :) You are truly being the hands and feet of Jesus! God bless your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteI too fell in love with Max on RR. We would have considered adopting him but didn't want to mess up birth order with our 2 yr. old son (Noah too!!) Everytime I look at RR I told my husband that is a very special little boy who's smile lights up the room. I actually cried with joy when I heard he was getting adopted. We too have committed to a child on RR in the last two weeks. Laurel off of Other Angels. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteMartha E.
www.thelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Welcome to the amazing world of adoption! You will be so blessed as you jump into the journey the Lord has paved out for you! Max is going to be one blessed little boy and your family will be awed to see what the Lord has to show you guys through such an amazing little boy who has been created for your family! I can't wait to follow Max home! We are excited in San Antonio to soon welcome another one of God's beautifully chosen children!
ReplyDelete